SIGN UP FOR ENEWS

TUDOR THEATRE

The Tudor theatre opened in June 1926, at 333 Remuera Rd, owned by Fuller Hayward Theatres Corporation and F.G. Mumford. The interior was mostly in a Tudor style with lots of dark wood and Tudor rose emblems, with the exterior illuminated by floodlights at night. It seated 1066 people and was the centre of social life in Remuera until it closed in 1972. It was demolished in 1980, to be replaced by the Tudor Mall.

Read a winning essay on the Tudor Theatre here - Seen at the Tudor, by Jeannette De Heer.